Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Obligatory intro post

I'm Philadelphia Burke. It seems like as good an alias as any for someone (a) who is more confident in the power of her mind than in the beauty of her body and (b) who is plugged in.

I hope that this blog will be a good place for me to work out my thoughts about sex, books, popular culture, and relationships. I'm not looking to become famous or widely read; I just want a place to hash out ideas, and possibly start a few online conversations with people who are worth my time. If this blog attracts too much bullying, inspires too many people to hit on me, or makes me too worried about how I appear to some abstract audience, it's going to be summarily deleted. Until then, I expect it to be fun, so if you're reading, enjoy the ride.

Don't expect too many personal details from me, and don't expect the details I provide to be accurate. I'd like to keep this blog separate from, say, my worklife. If the author of this blog is Philadelphia Burke, then the person appearing in this blog is her alter-ego Delphi. (Well, hopefully not quite as idealized and plastic as Delphi.)

In summary, hello.

No comments: